Thursday 8 November 2007

Web 2.0



What is Web 2.0?
According to
Dr. Stewart's notes "“Web 2.0 is a term you love to hate or hate to love but either way, you'll know you'll get folk's attention by saying it.” [found at Blackboard Academic Suite]

I believe that Web 2.0 is one more technological improvement in the era of internet. I agree that it brought a range of different functions such as the blogging but i can't see it like big discovery. In the era of technology and especially computers i don''t think that we have to have any time new definitions because... oups we have Web 3.0. I use also typical web 2.0 sites such as Youtube, Facebook but i see them as tools which are usefull for me either for communications with friends or entertainment and news.

I think that the existence of blogs which are provided news and bloggers who are taking the place of journalists has something to tell us about the quality of the news. People are no longer satisfied and they want something alterantive but also accurate in order to inform themselves. it is the need which creates blogs. Need for accurate news, need for socialization among people....

Personally, as i mentioned in a previous post i filtered my news. The site that i use mostly for my informing is : ((i)) Indymedia Athens


No comments: